Tuesday, 25 July 2017

July Catch Up

Hey you lot, how you all been doing?

Last time I mentioned that I had been a bit busy recently and I said I'd have a catch up with you on what's been happening. I'm currently writing this from the sofa, nursing a grim sinus infection surrounded by Olbus oil and Kleenexes, I've been stuck inside the house for 4.5 days so I can't think of a better time than to take my mind of feeling bleh by writing a post.

So what's been happening that's been keeping me busy?


If you checked out my last post, you would have seen that I went to visit Amsterdam recently with one of my besties, Lauren. I'm already counting down the days we next catch up so I can suggest our next trip...

Aunt Mary's Ordination

A few weekends ago, my entire family gathered at Winchester Cathedral to watch my Aunty get ordained. Not only was this a special moment for Aunty M, but it was an amazing time for all of us to get together to catch up, share jokes, joke about pastimes, but mostly to share Aunty M's special achievement with all of us together (my family is HUGE so it's always a hard feat getting us all under one roof!) Here is a snap of me and my bro and sis en route walking to the cathedral:

Birthday times

A couple of weeks ago I celebrated my birthday with my nearest and dearests...
Cam's sister was also visiting from Melbourne so we went out for a birthday dinner before she flew back home. I felt so grateful to have been able to spend the whole week celebrating with the ones I love the most, lots of eating and drinking happened! *Bloat galore..*

(The prettiest wrapping paper and ribbon combo!)  

A birthday treat from cousin E, who took me out to Berners Tavern
 (This baby was red velvet fondant...oh sweet diggity.....)

The guys at Ottolenghi suprised me with a candle for my slice of carrot cake! (Who says carrot cake can't be a birthday cake too!)

Starting my new role

I've been keeping this quiet for the past few months as I wasn't sure whether I was going to get it or not, but basically, after two rounds of intense interviews, a writing test and a presentation...I got the job! I've been thinking about making a different career move for a while and this is a sideways move as I'll be moving away from publishing and moving more into communications but I can't wait to get stuck in to gain more skills under my belt.

I've done two weeks so far and I love my new team. But, of course, I'm loyal and miss my old team like mad. I'm still within the same company so I'm not too far away...but I was extremely touched when they got me a leaving gift (including some gorge flowers and a massage voucher!) Especially as I'm only moving two floors down!

Recent lunch with my old team buds at one of our local restaurants (Bon Vivant)!

Latitude Festival 2017

Late last year, after a drunken night of mulled cider and wine, I promised Tats and Mic that this year, I'd go to Latitude festival with them. (They went together the year before and had a whale of a time!)So after months of planning and coordinating the day came to heading to Suffolk for a weekend of caberet, dance, music and comedy. We rocked up on Thursday afternoon, to our oh so glamorous glamping tents...


I survived my first camping experience (although my bro is giving me crap as glamping doesn't count as proper camping!) but sadly, my Latitude experience had to be cut short because I became really unwell...

 So, I suffer from asthma. I had it as a kid, and every so often I'll have to use my inhaler because I might have gone for a hard run, or had an extreme HIIT class, but otherwise I don't really use it that much when I'm home, in London. Sadly, I knew that the risks of my asthma was quite high seeing as we were going to be outside in a field for 5 days. I had brought all the anti-histamine stuff that usually sorts me out, but from Thursday night after we crashed out, I could already feel the familiar tight chested feeling I get, normally the beginning of an asthma attack.

During the next morning I tried to not get worked up and tried to control my breathing but everytime I'd use my inhaler to relieve the symptoms about an hour later I'd start to feel tight chested again. Not ideal when you are trying to concentrate on the acts and you just want to relax and have a good time.

Fast forward to 7pm, and by this point I was really worried - my skin was now breaking out and my lungs were having a real hard time. Screw it, I thought. I made my way to the First Aid tent to get the advice of the onsite docs. After they checked me out they suggested I can either take stronger anti-histamines that they prescribed me, but told me that only I know how my lungs feel and how much I could take.

It wasn't easy, but I decided to leave that night... my cousin who lives nearby to the festival picked me up and I went over to my aunts and uncles for some wonton noodles before I stayed at my cousin's house before heading back to London on Saturday. I was absolutely gutted to leave early but at the end of the day, nothing is more important than your health... there's always next time, and plenty more festivals to hit! (Love to Tats for staying with me and making me feel better and not guilty about leaving early!)


If this last month has taught me anything, it's taught me that you have to just, chill. 
C bought me a Vogue and some flowers (ah, and Day Nurse...tastes awful but does the job) on Saturday because I think I've been a bit mad with doing everything recently and sadly it seems like the inevitable run-down period has hit me. Wahhhh. I know I'll be up and running soon, and my mumma is coming down this week for some TLC and some family time (I was supposed to visit Bristol this weekend but the sinus bug got to me and I was way too sicky to go back). 

Here's to a happy (and much more healthier) month ahead...

F x 

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig